Yeh Siang Hui
LLB (Hons), FSIArb.
Advocate & Solicitor
Member, Law Society of Singapore
Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
Siang Hui was called to the Singapore Bar in September 2003. He spent the early years of his career in the building and construction infrastructure team as well as in the civil and commercial dispute resolution practice group, in each of two of Singapore’s most prominent law practices.
Having been in J.S. Yeh & Co since early 2008, his main areas of practice are in civil and commercial dispute resolution, particularly in the areas of building and construction, professional negligence, landlord and tenant, sales of goods, distributorship agreements, bailment, employer-employee disputes, and corporate insolvency.
He is also well-versed in matters of estate planning, such as the preparation and drafting of wills, and the processes of obtaining grants of probate and grants of letters of administration matters.
Some of the work he has been involved in are as follows.
- Successfully arguing in the Court of Appeal, on behalf of a vendor of a commercial property who had defaulted in completing the transaction, that the compensation payable was restricted to interest only and not both interest and rent.
- Successfully defending, in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal, a prominent distributor of online computer games, from a claim by its sub-distributor for alleged breach of a memorandum of understanding.
- Successfully obtaining an arbitration award that placed the onus of complying with statutory regulations on a tenant and not a landlord.
- Successfully obtaining in the State Courts compensation for a landlord whose tenant had caused great renovation costs to the landlord and then abandoned the lease.
- Acting for claimants, as well as for respondents, in applications for adjudication pursuant to the Building & Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2004.
- Acting for the founder of a food delivery business who was accused by his former employers of deliberate competition; the matter was amicably settled.
- Acting for shareholders in long-drawn but successful negotiations for the sale of their company with a view to development of land in the Kallang area owned by the company.
Contact Yeh Siang Hui here